Thursday, August 21, 2014

8.21.14

Around Town ... Sarma


When I first told people where I was moving, I heard a lot of "Somerville, Slummahville." Not knowing any better I though, uh-oh, what have I gotten myself into? A little over two years later, I know exactly what I got myself into. I live in a charmingly hip town,  that happens to be churning out amazing new hot spots by the minute. The first time I visited Sarma, I didn't really give it a chance. Not because I didn't want to but because I did not go with the intention of eating. Last week I went back and I almost lost my entire paycheck to this restaurant in one go. That's probably a bit of an exaggeration but it's easy to get caught up in the moment here. When you sit down you think, wow this menu is pretty amazing. And then you look up to see more small plates floating through the restaurant. These, my friends, are the specials. Waiters carry them around to each table, so that you can see and smell the fact that along with what you already ordered, you must have these too. Once you begin eating, you realize that this is the place that you want to go to for girls night, date night, parents-in-town night, hot summer night, cold winter night, etc, etc. 

My recommendations: the lamb kofte sliders // the fried green tomatoes // the octopus // the fried chicken special // the corn & feta special



Happy eating!
With Love, Kristtyn



1 comment:

Christina said...

before i moved back here, i never thought anything good about somerville...and when i told my mom i was moving here she was shocked. but it's SO great! and i love sarma. everything is amazing.