Monday, December 8, 2014

12.8.14

Weekend Recap ...

And just like that we are in the midst of the holiday season! How, seriously, how does it come up so fast? It is my most favorite time of the year and yet it seems to fly by me. Just as I finally got my pumpkins out for Thanksgiving, tree lots were going up, Christmas aisles appeared in all stores, and the radio started pumping out Mariah. Since I'm going away with my family again this year for Christmas, I have been left with exactly 3 weeks to squeeze in all my winter/holiday traditions. This weekend we were able to get our tree, attend a holiday DIY with one of my favorite blogger pals, and enjoy the Boston Ballet production of The Nutcracker. All in all it was a great way to kick off December.

Even though this is only mine and C's third Christmas living together, we already have some traditions. While he get's the tree inside and up in the stand, I make the mulled wine and put together a few cheesy treats. This year I made this Honey Fig Dip with Blue Cheese by How Sweet It Is
It was TO. DIE. FOR.
Kate from DomestiKatedLife hosted a great DIY event at Jonathan Adler
I love that these felt letters double as ornaments and gift tags, giving your presents 
a personal touch and a pop of color!
This was the only good picture we got as we were running out the door to catch The Nutcracker. If you get the chance to go and are looking for a good place to eat or get drinks nearby, 
check out The Merchant.
Last but not least, I picked this wine up randomly (I love a good label) 
and it ended up being so good! Try it out!

Hope everyone's weekend was just as holiday filled and 
make sure to check back this week as I will be doing my first give away!

With Love, Kristtyn

2 comments:

Christina said...

i love those little serving bowls! i really want to see the nutcracker too. have you by any chance seen slutcracker? my roomie said it's really good!

Kristtyn said...

Oh thank you! I found the big one at HomeGoods and the ramekin in the $1 section at Target!! I haven't seen the slutcracker but I've also heard it's hysterical!