Tuesday, March 10, 2015

L.A. Living, Vol. 2

Can you believe your eyes? A new blog post coming from yours truly? I can barely believe it myself to tell you the truth. I really don't know how other bloggers do it. They have real jobs and families to take care of and can still crank out lovely and interesting posts weekly if not daily. When I was in school it was easier to carve out time but this transition into real life (except for the whole paycheck part) is really hard. All of my routines pretty much took a back seat when I started this new placement and I am just slowly trying to my groove back... 2 months later. With just one month left in Los Angeles, I figured it was time to play catch up. 

As a present to my cousin, my family gave her a ticket to L.A. When I asked her what she wanted to see/do, she responded with "everything and anything." I took that opportunity to hit places on my to-do list as well as re-visit some old favorites. The weekend flew by, just like every other weekend seems to these days, but it was so wonderful. 

Stay: My old place in North Hollywood (more on my move later)

Visit: Solstice Canyon (great little hike with a view of the ocean), Point Dume State Beach, The Grove (for shopping), Melrose Trading Post (check out local artists and vintage booths), the Venice Canals, Abbot Kinney Blvd. (start at Venice and keep walking to find the cutest  shops and tastiest restaurants)

Eat: Gracias Madre (some of the best Mexican food I've had and it's vegan), John's Garden (great place to refuel after hiking), Zinque (coffee/wine bar that reminded me of a Parisian cafe)




If anyone has anymore L.A. recommendations send them my way!
With Love, Kristtyn

No comments: