Wednesday, August 21, 2013

8.21.13

Oh, August, what have you done to me?!

To start, I am so sorry for my absence. August hit me like a ton of bricks and I am just now getting myself together! Why did I think it was a good idea to go away for an entire week right before moving homes? I plead temporary insanity due to the summer heat. But I can't complain too much because Cape Cod was EVERYTHING. Beautiful beaches, drinks by the water, Lilly Pulitzer and Vineyard Vines everywhere you turn, and let's not forget the occasional boat ride. Since I'm still working on getting things in order on the home front, here are a few pictures from my trip.


First stop, the beach. 
This little walk way is what I think of when I think about Cape Cod beaches.

During my 8 day stay, we had all but 1 day of blue skies.

This place has the best mudslides on the island and the food is awesome as well.

The McCabe family.
A huge thank you to this wonderful family for hosting everyone for a week! 

Also, a big thank you to my friend Maren for dating Pat McCabe :)
Did I mention I was a third wheel for most of the trip?

Speaking of Maren ...
To her defense, packing for a 10 days is tough!

Have you ever tried a stuffed stuffed quahog? 
This is what it looks like.

We spent a day on Martha's Vineyard where we found Lilly Pulitzer koozies.

Pat found a Vineyard Vines corn hole set, too. 
Unfortunately, it was not for sale.

We went clamming, which, if you haven't been, consists of you walking around,
digging your feet into the sand and hoping not to get pinched by a crab! 
It's pretty fun if you like seafood and aren't scared of the ocean.

On a boat, near a lighthouse. Hello, New England!

Lobstah dinnah.

One last boat ride to finish off the trip.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures...looks like you are having fun this summer :)

ericahr said...

Too cute! Love this montage.