Friday, May 30, 2014

5.30.14

California Dreaming ... Napa

Happy Friday! In just 3 days I will be jetting back to California for my annual summer trip. Whenever I'm home, a trip to Napa is a must. It's only about an hour from where I live and I can always coerce someone to go with me. When I was younger, aka a fresh 21 year old, I thought doing Napa right meant hitting up at least 4 wineries with a big group of friends. Don't get me wrong, we had a blast. My 23rd birthday was epic (some may say). However, when you go from winery to winery to winery, everything eventually starts to taste the same. If you really love wine, this is so NOT the way to do it. The best way is to pick 1 or 2 great ones and take your sweet time. The last trip I took, my mom, my best friend, and I chose to visit Cakebread Cellars. I had been dying to go there for years (no joke) and it was most definitely worth the wait. I'm more of a cabernet gal, so we chose to do a red wine tasting. We happened to go on a day when it was not very busy (due to the rainy weather) so we were able to ask as many questions as we wanted and to chat with our wonderful guides. We loved it so much that we decided to buy a few bottles on the spot. Not wanting to ruin our tasting by going to another winery, we decided to go straight to lunch and open up one of our purchases (another awesome thing you can do in Napa). To round out the day, we stopped in at Dean & DeLuca for dessert. Honestly, it couldn't have been better. I can't wait to do it again.






Some people's version of happiness ...

My version of happiness.




Happy Weekend!



No comments: