Wednesday, June 18, 2014

6.18.14

Around Town ... La Brasa

In case you hadn't noticed, I love food. Most of my outings usually revolve around food. It should be embarrassing but eh, I'm okay with it. My most recent food outing was to La Brasa. New to Somerville, I made it here by way of le boyfriend. Walking in, I instantly knew I would like it. It's a little industrial but yet super homey. Let's just say, it made me feel "cool" but not so cool that I wasn't approachable (that makes sense, right?). The menu is tapas style, which really works here because although we ordered 6 items off the menu (yes, there were only 2 of us), we left satisfied and not stuffed. The menu brings together influences from Mexico, Peru (!), the Middle East, and so on. My favorites of the night were the Tiradito and the Benton's ham with ginger-rhubarb chutney. Oh, and you should probably check out their great cocktail list too ... if you're into that sort of thing.




Benton's ham.

Tiradito.



No comments: