Friday, November 15, 2013

11.15.13

Cheesy Pasta Bake.


You know those days when all you want is some warm, gooey, cheesy, comfort food? For the last three days, that is all I have wanted. Probably because it's about 32 degrees outside and I'm cold! To fulfill my need I went back to my trusty "favorites" file (aka Pinterest board) to look for inspiration. This Creamy Caprese Pasta dish jumped out at me. I headed to Trader Joe's and realized two things: 1. I really needed some more veggies in my life, and 2. I didn't really have the time to stay completely true to the recipe. I re-worked it and ... oh. my. god. It completely hit the spot and the left-overs are even better! I promise you will love it.


Note: I didn't actually make this because homework took over 
but Colin jumped right in and followed my directions to a T. 
(Love him)

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. whole wheat pasta (I used fusilli but penne is great too)
  • 1 jar of your favorite vodka sauce
  • 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
  • 1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved 
  • 10 oz. mushrooms (I used baby bella)
  • 1 orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
  • Parmesan cheese
Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Boil water and cook pasta according to directions
  • When pasta is done cooking, drain and keep in pot
  • Add in mozzarella, veggies, and basil
  • Add vodka sauce to your liking (we used the entire jar but you can use less)
  • Mix everything and pour mixture into a large pre-sprayed baking dish
  • Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly - 5 minutes before it is done, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top
*** Serves 6









No comments: