Thursday, October 17, 2013

10.18.13

On My Mind ... Celine. Not Dion.

I have been told (by Patty, nonetheless) that I have expensive taste. We usually walk into the store, divide to conquer, and when we meet back up, I will ALWAYS be holding a full priced item while Patty is holding a 50% plus additional 20% off item. Every. Single. Time. I thought for sure that by the time I hit 25 I'd be able to by myself anything I wanted... Well, I'm 26 and am literally watching my nonexistent money deplete (thank you very much, school loans). Therefore, I've been trying to be much more conscious of my money spending ways. This sometimes includes waiting weeks for my beloved - insert item here - to go on sale or scavenger for a more affordable option. Thus is the case with the Celine Phantom Bag. You've probably seen it around, even if you don't know it. It's big, beautiful, and luxurious. It also costs about 3 times my rent. Since I'll just have to wait until I: a. graduate, b. do my fieldwork hours, c. pass my license exam, d. get a job, and e. work for a few years before I can get it, I've started looking for other options.

The original. My heart will go on for you.


The more realistic options for my grad-school self:





3.1 Phillip Lim for Target (already sold out :( )



What is your dream item?

2 comments:

Aryana said...

This is a fancy little number I saw in New York


http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/handbags/leather-city-bag-with-pocket-and-zips-c269200p1332536.html

Kristtyn said...

oh! love that one too. Thanks for the heads up!
Hope you had the most amazeballs time in NYC :)