Monday, January 20, 2014

1.20.14

Roasted Brussels Sprouts That Will Make You Forget They're Vegetables

I don't know about you, but for me the New Year brings the opportunity to start anew. It's almost like setting the refresh button. For my body, this means making smarter choices about what I put in it. Let's be honest, the holidays can really make us feel sluggish after all the food & drinks & merriment. To help myself out, I decided to look for a recipe that would taste great, be appropriate for football sunday, and wouldn't make me feel guilty. This one was awesome and so easy! Colin and I were pretty much fighting over who got the last sprout. I'd like to thank Anna for this recipe, I will be making it frequently. Enjoy!

Brussels Ingredients:
  • 20 brussel sprouts, cut into wedges (I used a bag from Trader Joe's)
  • EVOO (the original called for canola but I didn't have any on hand, I think it's really your preference)
  • S & P
Aioli Ingredients:
  • 6 tbsp. mayonnaise (I did half mayo, half greek yogurt)
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1tbsp. parsley
Steps:
  • Heat oven to 400° F
  • Place brussels on a baking sheet, drizzle them with EVOO
  • Add S&P to taste
  • Mix well
  • Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden on one side
  • While they bake, blend aioli ingredients - this can be done by hand, I used my NutriBullet

Make it, I promise you won't regret it!

No comments: