Friday, January 24, 2014

1.24.14

This Weekend, Why Don't You ... 

Watch, Diana Vreeland: They Eye Has to Travel

I watched this documentary over the holidays and I keep thinking about it. Before there was Anna Wintour, there was Diana "Empress of Fashion." I have to be honest, I didn't know too much about her before watching the film but was completely intrigued the entire time. The word fashion may put some people off but this was a woman who made a name for herself at a time when women were not expected to do more than stay at home and raise a family. Not only was she intelligent but she used her influence to completely change the way others saw fashion, art, beauty, and publishing. While the film celebrates Diana, it in no way sugarcoats her faults. If you have some free time, I would highly recommend checking it out (available now on Netflix).



Happy Friday!

No comments: