Tuesday, July 23, 2013

7.23.13

One of the reason's I started looking at blogs is because of Pinterest. This website has stolen multiple hours of my life and you know what? I'm not even angry about it. It is my go-to place to find new recipes, inspiration for home decor, gift ideas, DIY ideas, etc. Sometimes the ideas turn out great and sometimes not so much. Last night was one of those great ones. Using this recipe as my inspiration, I turned to Trader Joe's to help me out. I have to say it was pretty delicious. Here is my similar (and a bit easier) version of a Mango Strawberry Salad:

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag TJ's Les Salades du Midi Sorrento mix
  • 2 cups cubed mango (about 1 container TJ's fresh Mango Slices)
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • 1 chicken breast, cooked & chopped into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
  • 1/4 cup TJ's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup EVOO
  • S&P
Steps:
  • Put the salad, fruit, nuts, and chicken in a large bowl
  • In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake the vinegar and EVOO with S&P until well mixed
  • Poor dressing over salad and mix!
  • Makes about 4 servings
  • * If you want to save some salad for the next day, don't add the dressing! Put just the salad in a container with a napkin or piece of paper towel on top (it will absorb any extra moisture & keep your salad from wilting). I promise it really works!
Beautiful flowers, another reason to love Trader Joe's.

Fresh ingredients.

I love when salads are colorful.

This vinegar is delicious and apparently, has many uses. 
I can't wait to see what else I can use it for.

Let me know if you end up using this recipe!





No comments: