Saturday, July 13, 2013

7.13.13

I'm back!

Seven days in Peru went by so fast. I promise to post about it later (once I've taught my mom how to upload pictures onto a sharing website). Now that we're back I can finally focus on our upcoming move. The move is not far and the apartment is in a better location yet much smaller (every positive has a negative). Our current landlord left all of his living room furniture for us which means we have to buy all new stuff. I could not be more thrilled about this. When I was around 12, my parents remodeled our house. Once it was ready, Patty dragged me around every home store within a 20 mile radius. It was awful at the time but now I am completely infatuated with home furnishings & interior design. I'm pretty picky about most things so I know it's going to take me a while to get everything in order. I've been scouring the web looking for inspiration. My hope is that if I start now, I can find similar things with a better price tag (did I mention I'm a graduate student?). Here are some of the items I've had my eye on:


Colin loves the sectional in our current place. This West Elm one is smaller with the same feel.

I can't remember how much room we have but this one may be a great back up to a sectional.

This coffee table is a little rustic yet simple. Bonus: it has storage!

This rug is perfect. A little shabby chic without being overly feminine. Plus, it has blue which is the accent color I want to incorporate into the room.


Ottomans & poofs are an excellent way of providing extra seating without taking up too much room. This one also comes in gold or silver but I don't think the man would like that very much!

I'm really loving the use of trays I've been seeing lately. This one is so sleek looking with it's horned handles. I'm envisioning the smaller one sitting on top of a stack of coffee table books!

















No comments: