Wednesday, July 3, 2013

7.3.13

Happy (almost) 4th of July!

I don't know about you, but summer is my favorite time of the year. Some people may think it's because of my birthday (July 8) and they're somewhat right. Being a summer baby means that I love the sun, going to the beach, enjoying the occasional cold fruity drink (see previous post), enjoying the occasional cold cocktail, and presents. Most of all, I love the 4th of July. I may not have been born here but my heart belongs to America and there is nothing more American than this holiday - cue fireworks. I have had the pleasure of experiencing the 4th in many different settings. A few of my favorites include going to Bass Lake, CA as well as Manhattan Beach, CA. Unfortunately, this year, I will be back in my mother country. To cushion the blow for myself, I have made sure to pack as many red, white, and blue outfits as possible. To cushion the absence of blog posts for you, dear reader, I am leaving you with a few suggestions on how to fill up your time while I'm gone.

I am a few chapters away from finishing this book and I can barely put it down. 

This one is already waiting on my kindle. It kept popping up on summer book lists and I can't wait to read it. 


If you haven't been watching these videos, you are in for a spectacular treat. Nicole Richie is ha-larious. Also, there are some great one liners - "I need to stop thinking like a short girl, and start thinking like a drag queen". Episodes 4 & 5 are my favorites.



How to Marry a Millionaire
Thank you, Netflix. I love watching movies and I stumbled upon this oldie but goody the other day. It's silly but perfect when you're lounging around in your PJ's (and possibly curing an after the 4th hangover). 

Let me know how you like them!




No comments: